Tuesday 4 October 2011

Revlon haul (because I cant get to mac)

sorry for them being used I was planning to do this post when I bought them but have been so busy 

I was in superdrug the other day and wanted to get a powder because I'd read a few posts lately about how it sets your foundation.I've tried powders before but have not really liked them because I thought they gave that caked on  finish if you get what I mean they kind of also washed me out and felt to dry on my skin , but I had a party to go to and wanted that perfect photo finish. So while browsing I came across the Revlon photo ready powder and concealer . The back said "perfected airbrushed skin in any light covers flaws and eliminates shine " so I popped  them into my basket, it offered what I wanted so id give it a try. The packaging was nice to it came with a brush (which I prefer to a sponge ) and a mirror so handy to pop in my bag and have with me when I'm on the go.So far I really like it gives a good finish to my make up and has proved perfect for touch ups its also light so I don't feel over powdered.The cover is sheer so probably not so good if your looking  for something more. I'm not sure weather I'd repurchase as I've seen good reviews about the Maybelline dream matte powder and would like to give that a try,but I would defo go back to it if I find nothing better.
-
Here's what was written about the concealer "- Helps erase imperfections and camouflage dark undereye circles.

- Lightweight, creamy texture blends seamlessly.

- Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light.

- Soft luminous, finish.

- Professionally designed formula and shades developed and tested under the harshest lighting and high definition conditions.

- SPF 20.
The concealer is ok its creamy and blends nicely easy to apply and stayed on for 12 hours and also gave a natural finish.I like the packaging not sure how hygienic it is cause its a stick  ,but again will try something different when it runs out because nothing really stood out for me. Although my pictures did come out flawless day and night so if I find nothing better I would go back to it .

me wearing all three products 
The lipstick is pink pout which I'd heard was a dupe for a mac lipstick so I thought id take a look at the tester, I liked it so I bought it .It has a matte finish but it  applies smoothly nothing worse then having  a lipstick that settles in all the creases,the colour is not as pigmented as it looks on the stick its more of a nude bluey toned pink which I like ,its wearable every day , the only con for me is it doesn't have much staying power you have to keep applying throughout the day like every 10 minutes
overall i think Revlon is a ok drugstore brand  but dont think i'll be repurchasing any of it as its a bit overpriced for the quality .
what do you think ??
I have never tried mac but really want to im hoping they will have a counter in the new Westfields so i finally can
love natty xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment